The HoT no longer hosts Mods or Screenshots. 

Make sure to check your Spam Bin for your activation email!

Accounts will be deleted after 30 days if validation emails are not validated.

Please go to LoversLab for SuperStorm's Sims3 Passion Mod here:
HERE.

Author Topic: Lurker's Lair  (Read 3502 times)

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Lurker's Lair
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »
I hate when you can get through a game without having to grind really, but then later on, suddenly you hit a massive roadblock that requires shitloads of grinding to get through.

At least it's not too bad overall. It's more of a time thing than a difficulty thing.

* lurk *
Forever bound to serve LadyM, the Dark Goddess of the HoT.

AusyAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2018, 05:56:52 AM »
Why is this new year getting worse by the day!?

FFS...

/lurk

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2018, 08:07:16 AM »
Because happiness is paid DLC content, since EA Games had to ruin yet another thing.

Happy New Y-EA-R.

Pre-order now from Gamestop and get a bonus Valentine's Day.

* lurk *

Derotis

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »
Because happiness is paid DLC content, since EA Games had to ruin yet another thing.

Happy New Y-EA-R.

Pre-order now from Gamestop and get a bonus Valentine's Day.

* lurk *
Think I can skip out on that pre-order bonus.
Now, if its Halloween themed.... Im doomed. xD

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2018, 09:27:57 PM »
The holiday specials aren't worth it anyways. You only get a 1 day pass to access them, so for all intents and purposes, they're just glorified demos.

Life is such an unfair and over-priced MMO. Pay to Win abuse is insane too.

* lurk *

AusyAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »
Bit of a big lurk! Tired, drinking heavily, and need to vent...

The year kicked off with nothing but bullshit at work and in my head and there's been so much of it in the last four days it feels like It's actually been about four months. Of course we're early in but with my track record year after year I certainly know where things are going so I've made my most final decision. I'm taking tomorrow off work but I don't actually intend on going back at all. Been stuck there for about six years and I've gotten nowhere with my life; even my depression hasn't eased up with all that time wasted at a place I hate, doing a job I hate, making barely enough money to get by, while my proper job/career plans gradually went down the drain with every attempt to do something about reaching my goals.

It was a big mistake to begin another year there. I was going to leave and do a security course and also try to get my truck license at the start of this year since my security course was abruptly cancelled by the training company going into liquidation around my birthday last year after waiting so long to get into it which was particularly devastating. But then by the end of 2017 my financial situation wouldn't allow for me to begin 2018 with the 1k security course elsewhere and/or the 1-2k cost of truck driver training and license test.

I've well and truly had enough of the shit that I'm faced with at every moment of my life. SO my immediate future most likely involves heavy alcohol consumption until my bank account is empty and then driving my beloved Chrysler off a cliff :o

I'll give it a month...

/lurk

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »
Other than playing the Hell outta one of the games I got for Christmas, this hasn't really been that great of a year so far for me either. In my case though, it's more because the weather's going back and forth and that's messing me up.

* lurk *

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
But then by the end of 2017 my financial situation wouldn't allow for me to begin 2018 with the 1k security course elsewhere and/or the 1-2k cost of truck driver training and license test.

Andy, do you have vocational schools?  In the schools here, some of them teach truck driver training and they are way cheaper than going to a private company.  Also, can you drive a manual?  If so, then just start applying to trucking companies and take it from there, some might even have training available within the company.  You're never put into the truck alone anyway, your first year is always a ride along.  Also, stop by the cold storages and apply to be lumper.  You get paid to load and unload trucks.  Get around trucks and you'll end up making connections.  And get off the damn alcohol.  You can't bitch about not having any money when you're drinking it away.  (That was me being LadyM MOM!)  If it's trucking you want to get into, then get around some trucks!  I love to see trucking in Australia, it's fascinating.  The huge rigs with huge trailers, big fun!

plenty250

• Lounge Lizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »
Get around trucks and you'll end up making connections.  And get off the damn alcohol.
Very smart advice on both counts.

fresh start lurk
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2018, 09:43:35 PM »
Since we're talking trucks, I have to post this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sCW1QaOH1Y8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sCW1QaOH1Y8</a>

* lurk *

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »
Since we're talking trucks, I have to post this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sCW1QaOH1Y8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sCW1QaOH1Y8</a>

* lurk *

lololol  OMG DA that was a riot!  I have a steam game that is big trucks and also one for buses.  I don't have either one loaded on the new computer though.

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2018, 09:49:24 PM »
I liked Redneck Racing a bit, just because of the theme. The main guy is the same voice as Leonard from Redneck Rampage, even using some of the same lines.

AVGN's pretty good at going all-out with absurd comedy like that though. Some of the Christmas videos from past years are a good example, and he even started his own urban legend for an April Fools Day joke.

* lurk *

plenty250

• Lounge Lizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 02:40:20 AM »
I have Eurotruck 2 on my Steam account but I've hardly played it, I just suck at driving. Quite realistic actually. :P

steering wheel lurk
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

Darkened Angel

• LadyM's Slave Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
I got caught up in stuff that took longer than I thought it would to get finished, but I got a lot done at least.

* lurk *

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
  • Sosuke Yamazaki is my anime/manga crush!
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »
Yesterday we took down the holiday decorations at work...
So, I'm doing to same today at home and just finished taking down the Christmas Tree and Wreath. I guess the holidays are over.

Except for being a lot colder than normal, it's pretty quiet and uneventful lately. I've tried playing Dragon Age: Inquistion; which has just confirmed that theory that I suck at real video games. LOL

I did take advantage of a huge 50% off everything sale code at Andrew Christian and our package should arrive sometime today, so I guess that's kinda eventful. :)

** Bored Lurk **

You can read it Here or at the Forums or Tumblr.