university
The HoT no longer hosts Mods or Screenshots. 

Make sure to check your Spam Bin for your activation email!

Accounts will be deleted after 30 days if validation emails are not validated.

Please go to LoversLab for SuperStorm's Sims3 Passion Mod here:
HERE.

Author Topic: ~ Commonwealth Vault-Boy ~  (Read 39 times)

AusyAndy

• View Profile
~ Commonwealth Vault-Boy ~
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:37:40 AM »

Commonwealth Vault-Boy

So, I bet you're wondering why I'm sitting here in this tiny room. It's doesn't look like I'm doing much but I am in fact trying to collect myself and figure out my next move. Before I continue, let me tell you a bit about myself...

My name is Riley Walker. I'm nineteen years old (I know, I look older) and I used to live here in Concord with my uncle. This is, or was, my own bedroom. My parents died in a car accident when I was ten, and I was adopted by my uncle Jon. He was an awesome uncle and if he had settled down and had kids of his own he would have been a fantastic father. I was very lucky to have him, but the loss of my parents and the move to Concord wasn't easy on either of us. He taught me a lot in those early years. He didn't shy away from the more awkward topics involved in raising a boy, and he didn't try to keep me ignorant to the harsh realities of life. But work gradually began to take him away from home more frequently, until he'd be gone for weeks on end.

You see, he was in the military. Or, maybe he was a part of some government organisation and just told people he was in the military. I always liked to imagine he was a spy or secret agent like in the movies. He acted like it most of the time. I always felt like he knew more than anyone else. As if everyone was living in a delusional dream world but only he could see the reality behind the curtain. He taught me a lot about being independent and living on my own when I was a kid, so perhaps he knew that his work would be taking up more of his time as I got older. I missed him often, but I was young and full of hormones so I enjoyed the alone time. It was thanks to him, and I guess to his mysterious profession, that I am here today, sitting alone in what's left of our little apartment in Concord.

Shortly after I moved in with him, construction began on a vault a few miles north-west from here. Vault 111. Not long after its completion, uncle Jon sat me down and explained what it was for, and that I would have a place within its walls in the event of a nuclear incident. I would have been about fifteen at the time, and the threat of nuclear annihilation wasn't something I was too fussed about. Something that did always bother me, though, was the way he said that I had a place in the vault, and not the both of us, but I never had the courage to ask him.

It was two weeks after my nineteenth birthday when it happened. Uncle Jon was away again so I was on my own. The streets were filled with people and families trying to run frantically in all directions, hoping they could get somewhere, anywhere, that would save them from the initial blast. By then uncle Jon had already drilled my evacuation plan into my head with numerous practice runs and military-style exercises to ensure I get to Vault 111 safely. And I did. I sprang into action and made my way across town on my uncle's motorcycle, through the neighbourhood of Sanctuary Hills, and to the entry platform of the vault. The massive elevator descended into the ground, into Vault 111, and we were ushered through shining chrome hallways and into rooms filled with large pods. Cryogenic pods. They dressed us in their blue Vault 111 jumpsuits and directed us into the pods, and the rest is history.

My pod hissed viciously and the door lifted open. It didn't take long to regain my senses and discover the fate of my frozen fellows. A few of the other pods were open and empty, while the rest were still occupied. But the occupants were dead, all of them. Frozen in time, and never to reawaken. I got the hell out of there. Emergency lights lit up the corridors and warning sirens blared, and skeletons of Vault-Tec staff littered the halls. Something had gone terribly wrong with Vault 111. Luckily the elevator was still functioning, and I managed to get out. I followed a walking track through the woods all the way back to Concord.

And here I am. Sitting in my bedroom. Although my clothes and belongings are gone, the apartment is in surprisingly good shape.