university
The HoT no longer hosts Mods or Screenshots. 

Make sure to check your Spam Bin for your activation email!

Accounts will be deleted after 30 days if validation emails are not validated.

Please go to LoversLab for SuperStorm's Sims3 Passion Mod here:
HERE.

Author Topic: The Sims 4  (Read 327 times)

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
  • Sosuke Yamazaki is my anime/manga crush!
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
The Sims 4
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »
Hi Everyone...
As suggested by LadyM, I've started this thread to discuss The Sims 4 and all of it's DLC; which consists of Patches, EPs, GPs, and SPs. Each post will focus on a specific pack with a generalized description of new gameplay, touch briefly on clothing and objects, any new lots and/or world, along with a few screenshots and my direct thoughts about that pack.

Please note that this thread is a Work In Progress and may take some time before it's finished.

I hope that you enjoy!  :default_biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:56:04 AM by Jase~ »

You can read it Here or at the Forums or Tumblr.

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
Re: The Sims 4
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 02:41:42 PM »
Currently released Expansion Packs for The Sims 4:

• Get To Work
  • Get Together
  • City Living

Upcoming Expansion Pack:
  • Cats & Dogs
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:24:09 PM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
Currently released Game Packs for The Sims 4:

• Outdoor Retreat
  • Spa Day
  • Dine Out
  • Vampires
  • Parenthood
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:06:40 PM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Currently released Stuff Packs for The Sims 4:

• Luxury Party Stuff
  • Perfect Patio Stuff
  • Cool Kitchen Stuff
  • Spooky Stuff
  • Movie Hangout Stuff
  • Romantic Garden Stuff
  • Kids Room Stuff
  • Backyard Stuff
  • Vintage Glamour Stuff
  • Bowling Night Stuff
  • Fitness Stuff
  • Toddler Stuff
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:10:25 PM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 02:45:40 PM »

The Sims 4 is the latest incarnation of a long running simulation game series that has allowed fans to create and control simulated people and worlds. When compared to it's predecessors though, this game seemed to be met with an uproar from fans due to feeling incomplete due to the amount of missing in game content when released.

• Released with two worlds, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. A third, Newcrest, was patched in for free later.
  • Two secret lots, both with unique collectibles.
  • Unlike previous base games, includes bars, lounges, and nightclubs without need of add-on packs.
  • CAS features a new click and drag function allowing sims to be shaped in a manner similar to clay.
  • Game claims to have smarter sims with emotion system to allow gameplay with more possibilities.

In response to the community, since it's release Maxis has added the majority of the missing content through free game patches. Some of the more notable content has been items such as ghosts, pools, careers, family trees, basements, half walls, NPCs, toddlers, and more...

-------------------------------------
3.0 out of Stars (At Release)
4.5 out of 5 Stars (After Patches)
-------------------------------------

Overall, I've really enjoyed playing The Sims 4 since it's original release. While the game did feature some new content for a Sims game, the lack of missing content was very noticeable and it did feel a bit incomplete.  However, after the numerous patches things have become much, much better and I've grown to love the game even more!

The main reason that I didn't give it a full 5 star rating is due to the shortage of some basic NPCs like burglars, police officers, and firefighters still; along with the lack simple objects such as lounge chairs and trash compactors. Plus, I really would like to see body hair and facial piercings added back to CAS.

I also understand that it's not a game that will be enjoyed by all simmers. Especially with the loading screens due to the lack of an open world environment and CAW (Create-A-World) Tool.  If those things aren't necessarily deal-breakers for you, I would suggest to give it a chance. You might just like it too!  :default_biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:32:40 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »

Outdoor Retreat is the first game pack for The Sims 4 and includes a new destination, many new objects, new outfits and new interactions. This pack's main focus is more on camping and very similar to vacationing in Three Lakes like The Sims 2 Bon Voyage EP.

• New Destination World: Granite Falls.
  • Includes a new secret lot with unique collectibles and new Hermit NPC.
  • New Gameplay Objects: Campfire, Horse Shoe Pit, Outdoor Shower, Portable Coolers, Tents.
  • Includes lots of new clothing, décor, hairstyles, and furniture with an outdoorsy theme.
  • New Squeamish Trait and Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration.
  • Weenie roast party type with new rewards.
  • New bear and park ranger NPCs.

--------------------
3.5 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

This GP is a pretty good buy for the price and really feels like a mini expansion pack to me. It's more than a stuff pack that's for sure and if you enjoy camping and the outdoors, then I'm pretty sure that you and your sims will like what Outdoor Retreat has to offer your game.

Due to small size of Granite Falls and limited camping gameplay, your sims can explore everything it has to offer fairly quickly and the sole reason that I gave it 3.5 stars only.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:55:34 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:15 PM »

Get to Work is the first expansion pack for The Sims 4 and includes three new careers; Detective, Doctor and Scientist. This EP also allows sims to own and manage their own retail businesses; as well adding the Alien life state. The three new careers are very different than previous careers as they're active careers and allow players the opportunity to follow sims to work and given tasks that are needed to be completed to get promoted; which is the main focus of the expansion.

This EP includes some of the following new content:
  • Magnolia Promenade does have three lots that have prebuilt stores and one empty lot that players can build their own business on.
  • Also includes special career lots for the three new careers along with a secret lot called "Sixam" (Maxis" spelled backwards) and is an excellent spot to find aliens and/or find new collectables.
  • New gameplay objects such as mannequins, digital Cameras, photo studio, and lots of hospital, lab, and retail objects. The EP also includes gameplay mechanics like hospital birth, illness system.
  • Baking and photography skills
  • Easy Listening radio station
  • Alien exclusive !#*%&$@% television channel
  • And lots and lots of new collectibles.

Get To Work also brings back playable aliens; which look and act pretty similar to the ones in previous games, but they glow when feeling strong emotions.  Aliens can either be discovered by playing the game or created in CAS with their own unique set of alien face presets, eyes, make-up and blue, purple and green skintones.

--------------------
5 out of 5 stars
--------------------

I really like the Get To Work EP and feel it was a good choice to be the first expansion for The Sims 4. Even though the main focus of this EP is the active careers, it still does add a lot to the game with the addition of new clothing, hairstyles, objects, and the alien life state.  I'm a huge fan of aliens and that was the main selling point for me; which is also why that I had to give this EP a full 5 star rating!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:56:37 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:31 PM »

Luxury Party Stuff is the first stuff pack for The Sims 4 with the main purpose to introduce new clothing, hairstyles, and objects themed towards parties, but does not actually expand on parties themselves.

• New Gameplay Objects: The Fountain of Mirth, Buffet Tables
  • Includes lots of party themed décor, furniture, hairstyles, and clothing.
  • Also included two pre-made Styled Rooms

--------------------
2 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

While I prefer the way Stuff Packs are being handled with The Sims 4 than compared to previous games when it comes to new gameplay objects and price point, I'm not a huge fan of this particular pack.  There was already a lot of party items in the base game and I would've preferred to see something different for our first Stuff Pack for The Sims 4.  The new gameplay objects are nice, but not really a Must Have in game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:41:57 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

Perfect Patio Stuff is the second stuff pack for The Sims 4 with the main purpose to add hot tubs and introduce new clothing, hairstyles, and objects themed towards outdoor gatherings and parties.

• New Gameplay Objects: Hot Tubs (2 different styles)
  • Includes lots of modern-themed outdoor décor, furniture, hairstyles, and clothing.
  • Also includes 1 pre-made Styled Room.

--------------------
4 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

Not the best Stuff Pack that's available, but a big improvement on the last one. The new clothing and furniture are very nice and work well with most modern lot designs, but the real selling point with this pack is the hot tubs; which certainly deliver. They have some nice new interactions that we haven't seen in previous game's hot tubs and the new woohoo animation is pretty sweet!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:51:18 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »

Spa Day is the second game pack for The Sims 4 and includes a new Spa venue type, new Wellness skill, and many spa-themed new objects, outfits and new interactions.

• Includes a new Spa venue type and comes with four functional and completed spa venues.
  • New Gameplay Objects: Aquarium, Incense, Sauna, Massage Chair, Massage Table, Yoga Mat, Meditation Stool.
  • Includes lots of new clothing, décor, hairstyles, and furniture with an outdoorsy theme.
  • New Wellness Skill.
  • Includes a New Age radio station.
  • Also includes 7 pre-made Styled Rooms.

--------------------
4 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

Just like the previous Game Pack, this one also is a great buy and still feels like a mini Expansion Pack. The objects and clothing are made well and there's a lot a replay with this one. My only complaint is that we didn't get another world with this pack. Because real estate is scarce in The Sims 4 and it's hard to fit everything that I would like into each world; which is the sole reason I gave this 4 stars.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:12:21 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »

Cool Kitchen Stuff is the third stuff pack for The Sims 4 and adds new appliances, cabinets and furnishings, hairstyles, clothing, and meals for sims to prepare and eat.

• New Gameplay Object: Ice Cream Maker
  • Includes lots of modern-themed appliances, décor, furniture, hairstyles, clothing, and food.
  • Bonus: Certain ice creams have after effects like temporarily becoming a PlantSim or instantly becoming fat.
  • Also includes 2 pre-made Styled Rooms.

--------------------
4.5 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

As a builder, this is one of my favorite packs because I love building modern kitchens and I find myself always using a few objects from this Stuff Pack in every kitchen I create.  Plus, the ice cream make objects is pretty nice; however, I just wish the change to a PlantSim wasn't temporary as we really need new life states in The Sims 4.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:23:25 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 02:47:42 PM »

Spooky Stuff is the fourth stuff pack for The Sims 4 and it's no surprise that it added spooky themed costumes, décor, and furniture.

• New Gameplay Object: Pumpkin Carving Station, Spooky Candy Bowl
  • Bonus: Ghosts can put the pumpkin on their heads.
  • Includes lots of spooky, Halloween themed décor, furniture, hairstyles, and costumes.
  • New spooky-themed party type included.
  • Also includes 2 pre-made Styled Rooms.

--------------------
1 out of 5 Stars
--------------------

It shouldn't come as surprise, but this pack is extremely limited in regards to gameplay. It's simple, if you want to have your sims celebrate Halloween, then this is the pack for you... if you don't, then don't get it.  So, far this is probably the least impressive of all Stuff Packs.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:31:32 AM by Jase~ »

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
This post is reserved to talk about The Get Together EP.

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
This post is reserved to talk about The Movie Hangout SP.

Jase~

• Simming Addict
  • Esoteric
    • View Profile
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
This post is reserved to talk about The Romantic Garden SP.