The HoT no longer hosts Mods or Screenshots. 

Make sure to check your Spam Bin for your activation email!

Accounts will be deleted after 30 days if validation emails are not validated.

Please go to LoversLab for SuperStorm's Sims3 Passion Mod here:
HERE.

Author Topic: Boston Tales, a Fallout 4 story  (Read 757 times)

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Tales, a Fallout 4 story
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
"Gosh darn, it's good to see artillery here again. So here's the thing about the big guns. They can't fire at anything too Close, but their range is impressive. That's what the smoke grenades are for. Toss one of those at the bad guys. If we have artillery in range, we'll confirm over the radio and target our fire on your smoke. But first, we better do a test fire. Make sure we're hitting what we're aiming at," Ronnie said. "Did you have anything you wanted me to do?" Barb wondered. "See that Little building over there? We'll use that for our aiming Point. Keep your radio on and tiúned to Radio Freedom so we can confirm we're ready," Ronnie said.

With the successful test fire completed, Norma led her group to the next farm in need of help...

"I suppose I can't help it. It hasn't been that long since... since she..." Blake said. "Stop that. Just put it out of your mind," Lucy said. "You're right, sweetheart. You're right," he said.

"Here for work? We could use some help picking melons if you've got some spare time. I'll give you caps for any you can bring me," Lucy said. "You look like you have a pretty successful farm here," Norma said. "We'd like to think so. Having Clarabell helps. Free fertilizer as daddy would say. Whatever saves caps." "No time right now... for picking melons, I mean." "That's all right. If you ever feel like earning some extra caps, the offer's always there," Lucy said.

"That's close enough, stranger. We're a peaceful farm. We don't want any trouble," Blake said. "It's ok. I'm friendly. Not looking to cause any trouble," Norma said. "If you say so. But be warned, we're armed here. So don't try anything. Let me tell ya, farming ain't easy. Out in the field, all day, everyday? And every minute of it spent watching your back," he said. "You said it. Farming's hard work," Barb said. "Won't argue with that. Blake Abernathy. You new to the Commonwealth?" "Yes and no. It's a long story," Norma said. "Either way, good to see a new face. How about you? Ever thing about workin' the land?" he said. "I'm sure I'll give it a try someday." "Well, good luck to you then. Maybe I'll see you at the Diamond City market an' we'll do a swap. Word of advice, though. If you start up a farm, be ready to deal with the raiders. Why do all the hard work when you can just take what you want at gunpoint?" "What about the Minutemen? If you join up, we can all help each other out against the raiders," Norma said. "You don't say? I thought the Minutemen were all gone. Last time those raiders hit us, my daughter Mary tried to stand up to 'rm. Now she's buried out back of the house. Only twenty one years old, and they shot her down without a thought. So you can understand why I'm glad to hear the Minutemen are back. Although a bit too late for my Mary." "We're here now. Anything we can do?" "I don't have much to offer, but... Those raiders that killed Mary, they took her locket, too. It's been in Connie's family for generations. If you could get it back, it'd mean a lot to us," Blake said. "Do you know where they're coming from?" Norma wondered. "Yeah, pretty sure I do. One of them mentioned Olivia while they were here. My guess is they're holed up in the old USAF station," he said.
"New here? If you've got anything worth trading, you can talk to me," Connie said.

Nemo sine vitio est.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 03:23:48 PM »

"Looks like you've got Everything we need. As soon as you get some artillery builts, we'll do a test fire to calibrate it," Ronnie said.

Beautiful shot, Wotan!  I don't see a Prydwen!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:26:50 PM by LadyM »

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
Beautiful shot, Wotan!  I don't see a Prydwen!
As you can see, Norma hasn't been to Cambridge yet...
Anyway, on with our story...

The team makes it into the old USAF Station Olivia...

It was still dark when they returned to Abernathy farm...

They waited until morning...

"I've got that locket back for you," Norma said. "You serious? That's great news! Connie's going to be speechless. Whatever the Minutemen need, you can count on us. We got a decent workshop here, and Connie's sure to go leaner on her prices after what you've done," Blake said.

Nemo sine vitio est.

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »

"You sure manage to find your fair share of trouble, don't you?" Piper said. "Is that a problem?" Norma said. "Not at all. Honestly, it's just nice to not be doing it alone for a change. In my line of work, things tend to get pretty hairy. I've been shot at, poisoned, nearly executed. Heck, until recently, they called the lock-up in Diamond city the Piper Suite. Anything for a story, I suppose." "Someone poisoned you?" "You kidding me? I barely had the paper going Before I got poisoned. First time, I'd just published an article about this cartel of Caravans that had been driving up food prices in the city. Article Went over well, even got a boycott of their goods started in Town, so I figured I'd pop over to the Dugout Inn for a victory drink. I'd already taken a swig by the time I realized something was... wrong. Vadim, he wasn't at the bar. The beer tasted off... even so more than usual. And I start feeling real woozy. I don't know what he slipped me, but I knew I had to get it out. I'm looking around for something... And there it is. The still. And I just start chugging moonshine. Honestly, I'm still not totally convinced it was better than just dying from the poison. But it worked. And while I was passed out on the floor, security managed to grab the batender. He eventually ratted on his bosses and they all got to share some time in the pen," Piper said. "Seems that execution didn't quite take, huh?" "Thank god. I'd been working on a story about irradiated drinking water in Bunker Hill. I traced the water yo its source, through these old sewer tunnels, and what do I find? The Children of Atom, setting up like they own the Place. Unfortunately, they found me just as Quick. Turns out they were not fond of reporters. So to atone for my trespassing, they decided to make a sacrifice to Atom - me. I'm kneeling there, about to get the boot into this huge sewer pipe... when I suddenly blurt out: Atom! e reveals himself! And they buy it. They puled me back from the ledge... and then gave me their induction ceremony. You are looking at an official acolyte of Atom. Took me a couple more Days Before I managed to sneak away, get Bunker Hill security to finally Clean the Place up." "You've led an exiting Life," Norma said. "Sure have. But honestly, now that I'm out here with you, I feel like I'm just getting started. Getting in trouble... it's what folks like us do. I mean, you and I are out here, putting ourselves at risk so people in the Commonwealth can have a chance at a better Life. Not for praise, or reward, or glory. But because it's right. I just wanted to let you know, I'm real happy to be along for the ride." "Hey, I'm just here for the rewards and glory." "Yeah, me too, But they all don't have to know that. So, you wanna get out of here?" Piper said.

Nemo sine vitio est.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
Wow!  Sanctuary is looking great, Wotan!

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »

"This isn't the sort of thing I'd normally bother anyone else with, but you seem really good with people and I've got this issue. With my sister. Nat. Becoming me," Piper said. "Becoming you? What do you mean?" Norma wondered. "I'm just terrified she's going to start taking up like her big sis. I mean, Think about the Life we lead. No offense intended, Blue, but personal safety doesn't exactly seem like either of our strong suits. I can't have her ending up like her big sister, dodging bullets and running from all the people she pisses off. It's part of the reason I'm on the road so much. Part of the reason I'm here with you. I keep thinking maybe, if I make myself scarce, if I'm not around enough, she'll cool off. She'll just go back to being sweet, innocent Nat, papergirl, and all-aroung upstanding Citizen. What do I do, Blue?" "So, you're here to get away from Nat?" "Well, I mean, there are other reasons... but right now the only thing I can Think about is Nat. What do you think I should do?" Piper said. "You don't get to decide who Nat's going to be, Piper. She does. All you decide is wether you want to be a part of her Life or not." "You're right. She's her own person and Always will be. Thanks, Blue. Who'd expect wandering off with a stranger to turn out this well? They really don't make them like you anymore. You're a hell of a friend, you know that?" "The feeling is Mutual, Piper," Norma said. "Ain't that the truth. But hey, thanks again for listening. It's a real weight off my chest to be able to talk it out with someone. So, you wanna hit the road

It's a wonderful thing to have clean running water...

A warm and fuzzy felling overcomes her when Norma visits the latest addition to the population of Sanctuary. She is pregnant with her third child, and she can swear she's seen her best friend's belly pouting out beneath that red coat of hers as well. Under the citcumstnces, times are well...

"I've got to hand it to you, General. You've really turned things around for the Minutemen. I never thought I'd see the day the Minutemen had artillery support again. We should see about building them at all our settlements to expand our coverage. And Ronnie Shaw returns... she's something else, isn't she?" Preston said. "She's the only one left who remembers when the Castle was Minutemen HQ. She knew about the old armoury," Norma said. "I'd heard stories about her from the old-timers, but I didn't know she was still around. The fact that she's come back to the Minutemen means we must be doing something right. Now, before I forget, I've got something else for you to look into," he said.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:05:15 AM by Wotan »
Nemo sine vitio est.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
Sooo, whose the daddy/mommy?

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 04:46:51 AM »
Sooo, whose the daddy/mommy?
You know who's the father of Norma's baby. But who knocked up Piper, no idea.

The Days pass as time goes by. Norma spends some of it working on her Power armour...

"I'm afraid I'm not much use in a fight anymore, but back in the day, folks used to call me Murphy the Madwoman. You need the Sight? It's telling me Mentats will give us the right high for Another insight into your Destiny," Mama Murphy said. "Here you go," Norma said. "Ah, that's it. I can feel the Sight opening up... You're looking for a man. He can help you, but he ain't gonna be the man you expect. He's somewhere... Deep... and dark. Surrounded by folks with nothin' but cruel intentions. But there's... an echo... Something in the past that can help you. When you meet the fat man, and the angry woman, tell them to remember the Quarry and Lilly June on the rocks, and they'll let you and your friend pass." Mama Murphy coughed. "Don't mind me, kid," she said and coughed again. "The chems are just... acting up a bit. I'll be fine... eventually..." the old woman said.

"Is something up?" Norma wondered. "Well, yeah. But it's nothing bad. Just, what you said about Nat. I'd been going over it again and again in my head, and what you said was right. I'm not going to be the deciding factor in what becomes of Nat. She's going to figure that out for herself. It's just, sometimes, it feels like the only things I've got in Life are Nat and the paper. Having someone I can Count on, someone like you, it's meant a lot to me. Not a lot of people want to hang around with the nosy reporter," Piper said. "Yeah, but you're my kinda nosy." "Heh. You're the exception. I haven't exactly made a lot of friends in this career. I just wanted to right the things I thought were wrong. And when Nat and I first got to Diamond city, there was a lot of wrong. Crooked guards, lousy infrastructure. Heh. There was a hole in the exterior wall that was patched over with a bookcase. One bookcase. That's it. I started the paper more as an act of desperation than anything else. It turned out, I wasn't the only one who wanted things to change. After the first couple of editions, people may not have agreed with what I said, but everyone was listening." "Seriously? One bookcase? Not even some tape?" "No! But now, now you can't even tell where the hole was. Brick, real mortar, the works. All because of the paper. When that first edition hit the stands, I felt like I'd finally done something Worth doing, but afterwards, things, things changed. People didn't want to talk the way they used to. Seemed that overnight, I'd gone from being Piper, friend and confidant, to Piper, the nosy snoop. A lot of folks, they haven't treated me the same since. It started to feel like the only person I could Count on was my Little sis," Piper said. "You can Count on me, Piper." "I know I can. You're not afraid of me like everyone else. I was sure the paper would be the best thing I ever did in my Life. But being here with you, now I don't know. I've needed someone like you in my Life for a long time, Blue. I just never expected I'd actually get them. So thank you. For being a friend I can Count on." "Thanks Piper. That means a lot to me," Norma said. "You're welcome. I just wish there ws more I could do to show it other than watching your back. Now come on. Let's hit the road."

Both women are Close to full term. They make their way to Diamond City...

« Last Edit: Today at 07:30:05 AM by Wotan »
Nemo sine vitio est.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #53 on: Today at 07:22:41 AM »
I LOVE that last screenshot, Wotan!