The HoT no longer hosts Mods or Screenshots. 

Make sure to check your Spam Bin for your activation email!

Accounts will be deleted after 30 days if validation emails are not validated.

Please go to LoversLab for SuperStorm's Sims3 Passion Mod here:
HERE.

Author Topic: Greetings from South Korea  (Read 280 times)

plenty250

• Lounge Lizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Greetings from South Korea
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:12:12 AM »
Hi all! I'm on vacation in South Korea right now. I was in Panmunjon and the DMZ yesterday to experience that old Cold War feeling from back in the eighties in Europe, it's quite similar. I also saw some sights and tasted some nightlife in Seoul. Tomorrow I'll be heading east to a fishing village and visit a nature reserve. I'll upload some pictures of my stay here after I return home. See ya!
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
Re: Greetings from South Korea
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »
Oh I'm glad you're exploring!  I can't wait to see your pics!  Have fun, Plenty!

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:00:34 PM »
Looking forward to those vacation photos 
Nemo sine vitio est.

plenty250

• Lounge Lizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
I've been quite busy during my trip here. I'm on Jeju Island now; I've been in Sokcho on the east coast and the nearby nature park there, in Wonju, Gyeongju, and after a quick ride on the KTX high-speed train to the southern harbour city of Busan. The USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier happened to be visiting while I was there; that ship is huge! I've also seen a lot of sights of course, been on a bike ride through the countryside, walked a lot, climbed a lot of stairs to temples, viewpoints and other high places, etc. etc. One more full day on Jeju and I'll be returning to Seoul for a day until I need to fly back home. Cheers and see you later!
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.

Wotan

• Mythical being
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
Yeah, I think the US has 10 of those Nimitz class supercarriers.

Here's what the Wiki has on the ship:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ronald_Reagan
Nemo sine vitio est.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »
Hi Plenty!  I'm so happy to hear from you.  They talk about N. Korea so much on the news these days so my thoughts go to you over there.  I'm really happy you're having a good time though. I am interested in the Korean way of life and history.

plenty250

• Lounge Lizard
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
They talk about N. Korea so much on the news these days
So far it's only been posturing and hot air. You don't notice a thing in South Korea if you're not following the news, no heightened security or anything. As for history, I visited the War Memorial in Seoul before I flew back since I had enough time left, and it was quite an eye-opener for some of my fellow travelers who were with me on that excursion. Not just because of the exhibitions about the Korean War of the 1950s which is pretty much forgotten in Holland despite having participated with a ship and an infantry battalion, but also the older stuff the Koreans pioneered with like the turtle ship (a 16th century armored ship, a fleet of which devastated an attacking Japanese fleet) and 15th century multiple rocket launchers. I returned home yesterday and I've got some 1100 photos to sort out so it'll take a little while, but I'll post some when I can.

LadyM

• I am Saturn Celeste!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Saturn Reads Tarot
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »
I've got some 1100 photos to sort out so it'll take a little while, but I'll post some when I can.

YAY!! :D